Floor and Wall Porcelain Tiling Basildon
We undertake all aspects of porcelain tiling for domestic and commercial customers within Essex and London. All projects are thoroughly planned, we are able to supply adhesive, trims, grout and tiles. Work is carried out to a very high standard, paying attention to the smallest details.
What are Porcelain Tiles?
Porcelain tiles are manufactured from clay and finely ground sand. They are packed more dense and fired to higher temperatures than ceramic tiles. This helps to remove almost all water content from the tile, thus created a stronger more durable tile.
Advantages of Porcelain Tiles?
- For floors and walls
- Denser and more durable than ceramic tiles.
- better finish then more ceramic tiles.
- Full body porcelain tiles means chips do not show easily.
- Heat resistant
- Water resistant
- Very hard, can resist scratches
- Very durable.
- Reasonably cheap as they are a common choice.
- Come in a variety of colors.
- Colors of consistent, making it easier to add extra tiles in the future.
- Can be glazed or unglazed.
- Available in many styles.
- Are available with a non-slip profile.
Disadvantages of Porcelain Tiles?
- Are more expensive then ceramic tiles, especially full body ones.
- Can be too slippery and hard to walk on.
- Can be cold to walk on.
- A lot of time, tools and labor is needed for installation of ceramic tiles.
- More difficult to cut then ceramic tiles.
- They are heavy and therefore difficult to transport.
- Unglazed ceramic tiles need to be sealed to prevent dirt penetration.
Contact us for a free, no obligation porcelain tiling quote. We offer advice on all porcelain tiling Basildon.